IT Project Manager II
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21815BR
- United States
Directs the efforts of team members on IT projects, especially Application Architecture and Projects that affect Applications as a result of Infrastructure changes. Ensures that services are responsive to the client’s needs, including being on time and within an identified scope and budget. Coordinates all departmental personnel required to complete the assigned projects. Effectively applies project management methodology and enforces project standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meeting changing requirements
- Identifies resources needed, requests their time from management, and assigns responsibilities to team members
- Manages day to day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Manages the project budget, tracks team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Develops estimates of cost and schedules for medium and large size projects
- Defines the deliverables, develops criteria for successful completion and achieves targeted deliverables with in time and budget estimates
- Develops project charter, business cases and gets owner to agree to scope of project
- Writes requirement documents when no business analyst is available
- Ensures compatibility and consistency with existing architectural standards
- Coordinates assigned projects with other department projects
- Schedules risk reviews and manages risk in conjunction with other departments
- May be asked to run internal task groups
- Prepares and delivers project status to the project owner as well as follow up issues
- Performs research and development of new technologies and providers
- Maintains a change control process to articulate changes to the project scope
- Simultaneously manages at least one critical project and moderate number of non-critical projects
- Maintains a moderate and increasing level of proficiency in software and other technologies supported by the IT Dept
- Creates and/or updates documentation that benefits end-users (e.g. how-to manuals) and/or other IT personnel (e.g. program documentation and IT processes).
- Provides technical support for an application for a short time after training has taken place
- Mentors more junior project managers
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years’ experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years’ experience.
- 8 years of applicable business or system development experience and 3 to 5 or more years of project management experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.