- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26896BR
- United States
Collaboration is the key to success on this team at Terracon. We are looking for an Instructional Designer with 3-6 years of corporate design experience, who can tackle projects that include a blend of learning products to join our award-winning team. The projects range from leadership to safety to technical skills, with flexibility required. Sound interesting? Come explore beneath the surface with Terracon.
Provide instructional design and curriculum development expertise for all delivery methods of training and development programs. Create courses for all company departments using appropriate instructional design methodology. Project Manage and collaborate within the team and organization for successful implementation and evaluation.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Apply Learning and Development project management and design models to the creation of training and development programs of singular or smaller scope.
- Conduct needs analysis to define and document training objectives and outcomes.
- Develop programs in one or more instructional modalities; face-to-face, virtual instructor-led, or asynchronous eLearning.
- Write and revise content with subject matter experts and stakeholders. Write scripts for eLearning output. Edit video content.
- Storyboard eLearning proposals for design and development.
- Conduct instructional design reviews with internal clients focused on understanding the client's needs and recommending solutions.
- Develop relationships and knowledge of clients and teammates to further enhance the project and program development.
- Collaborate with the Employee Development team on project reviews and work.
- Conduct review of content for functionality, grammar, and design effectiveness.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, education, graphic design or related field and a minimum of 3 years’ instructional design and course management experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Proficiency with articulate 360 software experience is required.
- Graphic editing and creation proficiency
- Participation in professional organizations or communities is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.