Human Resources Generalist
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26086BR
- United States
Terracon is one of Kansas City's best places to work!
Are you looking for a team that has a seat at the table and makes an impact? Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? If you are self-motivated, passionate about growth, and take an energetic and influential approach to your partnerships, we are looking for you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional HR Generalist who is well versed in handling a wide variety of human resources tasks. The ideal candidate is empathetic, has strong communication skills, and is looking to join a supportive team who creates value in the workplace. We are looking for someone who is able to work independently, as well as support a growing company!
This is a hybrid opportunity where you work from home 4 days a week. On Tuesdays, you will come to the office for collaboration time with our wonderful People Team members!
In this role you will be responsible for providing HR support for a Division level client group(s) and will provide support, guidance and advice on all HR related issues including employee relations, performance management, compensation, staffing and benefits. Partners with HR Business Partner for the Operating Group to implement human resource initiatives, programs and policies. Ensures compliance with HR policies and state and federal law. Participates on special projects as assigned.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proventrack record of consistency and success in navigating and managing a wide range of employee relations issues with operational leadership.
- Consults with Division(s) in all areas of human resources to include compensation, benefits, staffing, employee relations and performance management in alignment with core human resources strategies and processes.
- Partner with HR Business Partner to ensure high level of employee engagement within the Division (s); proactively diagnoses potential issues and develops recommendations/action plans to address.
- Consults with management on employee relations issues; conducts investigations as required.
- Serves as a coach for managers within the Division.
- Tracks, processes and communicates immigration related items (across all Operating Groups).
- Ensures compliance with key legal requirements and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Partnering with HR Business Partner, analyzes key performance indicators related to people resources and other relevant metrics to ensure Operating Group achieves key business objectives; provide related coaching/counseling to leadership or creates/owns action plans to address.
- Acts as liaison between Division(s) and HR functional areas.
- Assists Director of HR Operations, HR Business Partners and HR Subject Matter Experts in coordination of HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years HR experience with exposure to employee relations, compensation, recruitment and benefits. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective on-going relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of employees and leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant; ability to influence individuals.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of current human resources processes, practices and employment laws including employee relations, performance management, change management, recruiting, compensation and benefits.
- Business acumen or ability to quickly acquire business knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- HR certification (SHRM-CP or PHR).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.