Geotechnical Intern - multiple locations
- Olathe, Kansas
- Seasonal Worker
- Job ID 21672BR
- United States
- Laboratory safety and safe work practices
- All aspects of our laboratory testing capabilities and the purpose of each test
- Understanding soil test procedures (ASTM, DOT, COE, etc.)
- Shadow field exploration team
- Data review
- Report preparation
- Proposal creation
- Basics of project management
- Communication of test results (internal and external)
- Introduction to GeoReport
- Quality management system and procedures
- Performs sampling or testing as directed.
- Seek learning opportunities from mentor
- Provides assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
- Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Create and give a final presentation to leadership regarding summer experiences
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.