Director of Employee Communications
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22560BR
- United States
We are “future proofing” Terracon which has a very real impact on the employee experience. In order to leverage the employee experience to drive continued growth, employees need to understand & buy in to what we’re doing today and what we are doing to “future proof” the organization. This strategic role will work directly with Terracon’s senior leadership team as well as overseeing and directing a team responsible for designing, leading, and continuously improving communication strategies and plans for Terracon to support employee experience, change management and our Strategic Plan priorities.
Telling the compelling story – what is the story and how do we tell it?
- Connect dots so that the organization understands the “why” behind what is happening (our efforts and initiatives around people) and how it links back to our purpose, vision & values
- Collaborate with our external brand team (marketing/recruiting) to ensure that we are living our brand promise within Terracon and fostering the culture of our promise.
- Continually build our compelling Terracon story leveraging Terracon’s brand.
- Help leaders live our promise.
- Creatively develop communications activities that “fit” the types of change required in projects, programs and initiatives.
- Lead senior leader and executive communications strategy.
- Understand how to influence senior leaders and get buy-in, including providing counsel and support to C-level executives for communications. Maintain a consistent voice for all leadership communications.
- Through a solid understanding of Terracon’s business and culture, translate business/functional objectives and key priorities into strategic internal communications plans.
- Partner with Executive Committee to assess capacity, clarify strategic priorities, assess relevance of projects/initiatives to strategic priorities and continuously monitor how much is too much & how do we know?
- Establish & implement strategies to ensure we can measure pace, volume, adoption of change.
- Establish and implement strategies that can help us mitigate level of impact & effort to speed adoption of new initiatives, technology & strategies.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Communications or related field) and a minimum of 10 years’ experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant and dynamically more responsible internal communications experience with 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong program management skills and the ability to organize, plan, execute enterprise communication strategies.
- Experience as a change leader with experience focusing on the employee experience by translating a vision into actionable deliverables, including knowledge and experience with change management practices and strategies.
- Outstanding and highly developed oral and written communication skills; including very strong presentation and collaboration skills.
- Advanced knowledge of project management concepts, practices and techniques and the ability to promote a team environment.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.