Corporate Communications Strategist
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25798BR
- United States
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Writing and Content Development
- Develop people-focused content to create a shared understanding of the company’s purpose, values, vision, and strategic priorities, and underscore each employee's role in building the company.
- Prepare content for various communications channels, including intranet and mobile app communications, email newsletters, printed publications, videos, announcements, etc.
- Use creative abilities and resources to organize information for videos, illustrations, charts, and graphics to better communicate the message. Work with Terracon’s creative team to build creative content for various projects.
- Write, edit, and proofread communications for various audiences.
- Communicate and provide recommendations regarding progress, needs, and updates to team leadership.
- Build relationships with employees throughout the organization to source compelling stories that demonstrate the company’s purpose.
- Exercise good project management skills. Manage multiple deadlines and priorities under short timeframes and quick turnaround times, with attention to detail and follow-through with all stakeholders.
- Understand all aspects of the employee journey and create appropriate communications for each touchpoint, from brand-based recruiting and integration of acquisitions to brand advocacy.
- Assists team with gathering data for metrics and reports.
- Follows safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, branding or related field and a minimum of three years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.