Client Development Manager
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25655BR
- United States
Actively search for new business opportunities for engineering consulting department, office or division. Develop and foster long-term client relationships. Utilize contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition. Use networking contacts to develop leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. Prepare marketing materials including qualification packages, written proposals and other client submittals.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the client development efforts for a large office or region.
- Provides client development leadership within a large office or region. This would include tracking and reporting of key marketing information, facilitating strategy meetings, motivating and training others in the art of client development and major project pursuit, managing key client relationships and professional organization membership and networking.
- Manages staff that may include marketing specialists and client development specialists.
- Collaborates with management to develop client development plans, budgets and performance goals for their staff and themselves.
- Develops key competencies in the companies’ business intelligence tools, in order to assist managers and others in strategic decision making (markets, sectors, go/no-go, etc.) and making the best use of their time and efforts.
- Has the experience and know-how to facilitate strategy meetings for both client and major project pursuits.
- Directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports.
- Oversees the process of reporting client development results for both direct reports and themselves. This includes client and project pursuits, RFPs, proposals, key wins and losses, industry activities and other general marketing responsibilities.
- Regularly engages department, office, and regional management to keep them informed of activities and results, and regularly meets with supervisor to discuss progress on initiatives and plans as well as other items including career advancement.
- Works with corporate personnel including national accounts, sectors and marketing to assist in overall company goals related to revenue growth.
- Attend professional organization, government and technical meetings/events as a representative of Terracon and coordinate/participate in these meetings and events on a regular basis. Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs in projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree and 10 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.