Benefits and Wellbeing Analyst II
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22369BR
- United States
As part of the Benefits & Wellbeing team, this position will analyze and administer benefit programs and maintain HR-related systems. Responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of Benefits such as benefit administration, maintaining vendor and employee relationships, coordinating interface files, as well as maintaining standard operating procedures.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Research, plan and execute benefit programs and initiatives.
- Provide benefit plan interpretation, guidance and counsel to employees and managers and present information to inform and educate management.
- Assist with developing benefits & wellbeing branding, design, and utilization of communication tools to increase awareness of the benefit & wellbeing offerings, including intranet pages, creative email, and other communication campaigns.
- Partner with IT and HRIS to develop, test and implement electronic interface files and feeds including benefit eligibility files.
- Review and update plan documents, enrollment materials, policies, and ongoing educational materials.
- Prepare and provide ongoing audit support for annual compliance filings such as ACA, 5500, PCORI.
- Identify, troubleshoot and partner with HRIS team on system issues involving benefits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners, third party administrators and other vendors.
- Partner with team members to build and document workflows and procedures for benefits & wellbeing programs.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience. Or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ experience.
- Knowledgeable about one or more HR platforms and capabilities including Oracle and ADP.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, Section 125, Worker's Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- SHRM or HRCI certification
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.