Audio Visual Production Specialist
- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21423BR
- United States
Terracon has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Kansas City for the last 3 years! At Terracon, you are a valued employee-owner. We strive to be “Best At People” and bring excellence and innovation in everything we do.
We are currently looking to add an Audio Visual Production Specialist to our team. If you have a talent for audio visual technology, enjoy working with executives, and have great client service skills, we’d like to talk with you!
The Audio-Visual Production Specialist is focused on the effective, high-quality operation of the audio-visual systems and technology at Terracon. In charge of documenting, maintaining, troubleshooting, patching, and improving systems. This role acts as a partner to executive personnel, providing presenters guidance to ensure the highest level of audio-visual quality for meeting attendees.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the organization, recommending solutions for audio and video events, including live broadcasts, conferences, meetings or spaces such as a new conference room.
- Configure and setup AV equipment for presentations, working with presenters so that they understand where to stand for best audio quality and producing events (muting audio, coordinating presenters, etc.)
- Provides research and develops recommendations to support A/V strategy efforts. This may include consulting with local offices (gathering information and goals) and proposing and implementing the AV solution.
- Create and execute project plans and revises them as appropriate to meet changing requirements or timelines.
- Researches and identifies needed resources, works with procurement to obtain them, and sets them up to meet the defined need.
- Responsible for the AV suite of technology at Terracon, ensuring that audio-visual (AV) hardware and software meet the needs of the organization.
- Create and update documentation for the benefit of end users such as IT Support Staff or other Terracon users to aid in troubleshooting of A/V equipment.
- Operate the master controls of AV systems during events.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and problem-solve hardware and software.
- Store, transport, assemble, and disassemble AV equipment.
- Consistently evaluate and seek out AV solutions to support company AV needs and AV standards.
- Maintain established relationships with AV vendors.
- Travel to branch offices when necessary.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference, and Control Systems.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Teams Room Systems (Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Surface Hub), Crestron Air-media, and Barco Clickshare devices.
- Understanding Audio-Visual (AV) technologies and IT systems on a technical level.
- Familiarity with video editing and encoding software.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!