- Olathe, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26038BR
- United States
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of contracts, leases and other legal documents.
- Manage follow-up from previous reviews.
- Conduct solutions-focused negotiations.
- Conduct basic legal research and writing, as required.
- Communicate policy and strategy to internal clients.
- Assess commercial risk of contracts.
- Help coach internal clients on prioritizing contract changes and provide solutions to complex negotiations.
- May advise on less complex projects related to legal issues that may arise in the operation of an engineering consulting firm.
- Provide basic legal analysis and opinions.
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Juris Doctorate
- Strong project management skills including the ability to work well under pressure and meet critical daily deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, research and writing, phone and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates effective negotiating skills.
- Efficient work habits, ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to explain complex legal issues to non-technical internal clients.
- Licensed to practice law and eligible to secure a Kansas in-house license if currently licensed outside Kansas per Rule 712 of the Kansas Supreme Court
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.