Senior Industrial Hygienist
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22111BR
- United States
Investigate buildings and sites to identify physical and/or environmental risks. Perform and/or manage asbestos surveys, asbestos management planning, operations and maintenance plans, asbestos removal budget estimates, abatement oversight and air monitoring services, health and safety training and planning, qualitative exposure assessments, employee exposure assessments, noise and hearing conservation, ventilation and lighting surveys, mold assessments and remediation monitoring, indoor environmental quality investigations. Develop sampling strategies and analysis. Research and application of regulatory standards and hazard data. Evaluate sampling results and provide high quality written and verbal consultation to a wide range of clients to meet specific project needs. Prepare reports outlining findings, conclusions, and recommendations and coordinate on-time delivery with internal quality control reviewers. Coordinate with contractors, regulatory agency representatives, and internal Terracon industrial hygiene practitioners
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Lead and be part of teams of industrial hygiene professionals with local and regional Terracon offices.
- Senior level industrial hygiene professional responsible for leading complex projects requiring innovative investigation techniques.
- Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Assist in establishing and updating current policies/ procedures for technical projects in field of expertise, to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by subordinate staff.
- Provide technical direction and training to less experience professional staff.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or related science field.
- Minimum 8-11 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.