Administrative Office Manager
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20365BR
- United States
Manages the operational, administrative and fiscal activities of an engineering consulting office ensuring that resources are used effectively and economically. Manage the day-to-day operations of a variety of office services to ensure the administrative needs are met. These activities may include: records management, fleet management, facilities management, marketing assistance, human resource liaison, and administrative assistance. Liaise with managers to ensure office administration policies, programs and activities are appropriate for their needs. Plan, prioritize, and manage maintenance activities and upgrades to equipment, facilities, and systems to minimize disruptions to business activities.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews, assist in recruitment of new staff and provide employee orientation for all office staff.
- Provide Human Resources function for office management including recruitment, worker’s compensation claims, and other HR support.
- Ensure routine company administrative policies are followed by all office personnel such as time sheets, expense reports and purchase order requirements.
- Evaluate department administrative processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Oversee the use of office facilities and equipment and make requests for additional equipment or facilities as needed to meet client’s demands.
- Manage invoicing and financial records for the office. Responsible for invoicing, timesheet entry and submittal, review of aged WIP, accounts payable, receivables and collections.
- Secure and oversee vendors needed to perform building maintenance (i.e., plumbing, HVAC, janitorial services, pest control, general maintenance). Recommend whether maintenance and repairs are necessary. Communicate issues with landlord.
- Regularly communicate with the Office Manager providing status updates on building, administration and financial activities.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!