AEC Client Development Specialist
- Niles, Michigan
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22383BR
- United States
The successful candidate will work with local leadership in cultivating a high-energy, responsive, client experience focused culture for our growing team. The role will entail mentoring and collaborative support with the technical and management staff to encourage a robust engagement strategy for key clients to develop long-term relationships.
The objective of this role will be to provide strategic support of client relationship and business development priorities. Oversee efforts designed to expand and establish new client relationships within Indiana and Michigan to help meet growth goals. Construct a comprehensive client development plan in partnership with divisional and regional leadership to guide the team's activities and priorities. This position involves driving implementation and regular use of collaborative tools such as CRM to track opportunities, activities, and client relationships across the office, division, and company.
- Acts as the client development representative for an office or department
- Responsible for using his/her personal contacts to develop long-term client relationships
- Spends time outside the office in direct contact with clients and prospects
- Schedules meetings with existing and potential clients for purpose of introducing or reminding clients of firm’s capabilities; utilizes office staff to augment and assist as needed
- Develops and uses networking contacts to generate client leads and provide new projects from past, existing, and future clients; may solicit advice or assistance from other members of the firm to implement this strategy
- Assists operations managers with the preparation and execution of client development plans and programs
- Utilizes the contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and to develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition
- Reports to supervisor on planned and proposed sales activities within his or her goals; may be accountable for generating specified volume of business within a pre-defined time frame
- Collaborates with others in corporate roles (NAMs, Sectors, Marketing) to coordinate client and project pursuits
- Assists with organization and execution of promotional activities and programs which include professional displays at designated conferences or professional trade shows
- Utilizes the available business intelligence tools to seek the opportunities that present the highest chances for success
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects; participate in pre-task planning; report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related degree
- 3 years’ related experience; or in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years related experience
- Familiarity with Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry is desirable
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.