- Newport News, Virginia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21875BR
- United States
Terracon is looking for a Structural Engineer to help grow our Engineering Team within our growing Facilities Team. This position will specialize in the design, investigation, and rehabilitation of building structures and building enclosures. This position will support our existing offices located in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
We provide room for growth and significant responsibilities ranging from client development to ensuring successful project delivery. We focus primarily on design and consulting, where you'll be joining a team that also works directly with our Architects, Owners, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical engineers. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key. If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small projects of minimal complexity.
- Assist in developing the scope of work for routine projects.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents.
- Analyze data and perform engineering calculations and analysis for PE review.
- Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
- Develop plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for review and consideration by the Professional Engineer of Record.
- Prepares work scope, proposals and reports and plans investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
- May supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.