- Nashville, Tennessee
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 24169BR
- United States
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow Terracon safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any unsafe activities or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining high-quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient Geophysicist responsible for conducting geophysical surveys and making recommendations for design on smaller projects of minimal complexity. Techniques include GPR, TDEMI, FDEMI, seismic, resistivity, magnetics, and others.
- May assist more senior Geophysicists on large, more complex projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Direct and supervise field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals and reports to clients for approval by senior level professionals.
- Processes, evaluates, and interprets moderately complex geophysical data and assembles in written reports.
- May serve as team member or participate in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- May oversee work performed by other Geophysicists and Technicians.
- Drives commercial motor vehicles, however a CDL license is not required
- Completes paperwork including record keeping, field sketches, detailed notes, and maps of field work legibly and accurately.
- Performs periodic basic maintenance on vehicles and geophysical equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience collecting and processing geophysical data using several methods. Management experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a physical science, Geology or Geophysics degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferred.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.