Field Facilities Professional
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23823BR
- United States
Diagnose and develop repair/restoration solutions for the built environment. This includes all major components and systems of buildings and other infrastructure. Projects range from property condition assessments to detailed evaluations of structural systems, roofs, facades, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems, MEP systems, pavements, industrial floors, and construction materials. Assessment techniques include, visual examination, non-destructive testing, instrumentation and load testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations to development of restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Entry-level Facilities professional; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Works typically on smaller, routine projects.
- Assists in performing assessments, inspections and testing.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, plans, specifications, calculations, and research.
- Assists and gains exposure to projects of greater complexity and scope.
- Performs and sometimes oversees contract administration for small-to-medium projects.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science or related building field and up to 5 years’ experience in facility assessment. Or, in lieu of a degree, 4-9 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.