- Mountlake Terrace, Washington
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23338BR
- United States
Pacific Northwest Regional Operations Manager Position
Are you passionate about leading people and growing operations? We are looking for a Regional Manager who will be responsible for the teams in the states of Washington and Oregon. This is an opportunity to become a Vice President within our organization. You will have the responsibility of leading diverse teams, who support all our service lines which include geotechnical, environmental, construction materials and facility management consulting.
As Regional Manager, you will be an inspirational leader, responsible for the overall success of our operations in the states of Washington and Oregon. You will be the face of our company in the region, and your primary responsibilities will include developing and implementing strategies to increase our market share, cultivating and maintaining relationships with clients, developing and managing staff, and ensuring that all operations are running efficiently and effectively. You will also be responsible for analyzing financials and preparing budgets for the region, as well as helping office leaders develop and oversee new projects.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a proven track record of leading operations and motivating teams, and have a passion for developing and coaching teams to be successful. You must be able to set and manage expectations, inspire, and challenge teams and hold individuals accountable for their performance. You must also have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally. You should also be adept at problem-solving and have knowledge of consulting industry.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, and you’d like to become one of our 6,000 employee owners,
We invite you to come Explore with Us!
This position can be filled in one of our Seattle area or Portland office locations.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with West Coast Division Manager to implement Company’s strategic plan and annual operations plans.
- Lead safety and promote all safety initiatives throughout the region to ensure everyone goes home safe every day. Set the example for others to follow and help them grow their safety mindset and safety leadership.
- Lead the development and implementation of local strategic business plans to grow the region through strategic hires, new office locations, large pursuits, and/or acquisitions.
- Build high-trust relationships and encourage collaboration and stronger team development in the region.
- Identify emerging leaders and support their growth and development with intentionality.
- Lead, facilitate and communicate change to the organization.
- Monitor the quality of our work to ensure the interests of our clients and Terracon are preserved.
- Monitor the financial results of the offices and assist the Office Managers in taking corrective action to accomplish their financial goals.
- Demonstrates care and concern by engaging staff and recognizing teams and individuals for their contribution.
- Set the culture for Client Experience and own the Client Listening Program, which is Terracon’s annual client survey program.
- Manage and/or monitor client controversies or problems assisting the offices with the reconciliation of issues involving client dissatisfaction and keeps the Division Manager/Senior Management of the firm informed of any pending legal actions.
- Provide direction and expertise to the development of projects or clients and assures that local and/or corporate resources are brought to bear on these marketing efforts.
- Ensure that all corporate operating policies and procedures are communicated to offices and consistently applied to their operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 15 years’ related experience and 10 years of specific management experience within our industry.
- Experienced people leader.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle safety history.
- The ability to lead, manage and mentor and develop others.
- Ability to travel out of town, when needed.
- Possess strong writing & MS Office suite skills.
- Ability to work on a team and build networks across the Pacific Northwest market.
- Experience in the Pacific Northwest market preferred.
- Experience with construction materials testing and special inspections preferred
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$159500 - $247200 annually
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.