Job DescriptionPosition: Environmental Group Leader – Seattle, WA
Are you an environmental consultant with a passion for exceptional client service? Terracon is seeking an experienced environmental practitioner, leader, and accomplished senior Project and Client Manager to join the leadership team in our Seattle, WA office.
Our office works on a diverse set of projects sourced both locally and nationally, including environmental site assessments (Phase I/II ESAs/LSIs); comprehensive site characterization and risk assessments; remedial design, installation and O&M; and asbestos & industrial hygiene (IH) projects. We are a multi-discipline solution provider to myriad clients that include Fortune 100 international Commercial-Retail owners/operators and developers; financial institutions; law firms; national and Northeast-US based architect/engineer and construction (A/E/C) clients; as well as towns, municipalities, and school districts in the local Pacific Northwest marketplace. This position is for an energetic environmental professional who aspires to lead a team, to be Best at People and Exceptional for our Clients.
If you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership and Management of Due Diligence Environmental Group consisting of 3-4 team members, including staff development and mentoring.
- In partnership with the Department and/or Office Manager, develop and execute on business development strategies to build/grow backlog for the Environmental team in the Seattle/Mountlake Terracon office, in coordination with our team in our Portland OR office.
- Work proactively within our National Client Account Program for successful, timely, project delivery
- Provide environmental support to multiple services lines including industrial hygiene, geotechnical services, construction and building materials, serving as an inter-disciplinary team member in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks
- Possess strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Understand and implement technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities
- Ability to make recommendations for conceptual designs based on technical data, and to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects
- Experienced in evaluating and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection with ability to collect detailed site observations and notes as you mentor, supervise, and oversee a staff of environmental professionals
- Demonstrate a commitment and lead Terracon’s journey to Injury and Incident Free (IIF), including our rules and practices, guidelines, and standards for incident and injury free operations
- Understand and follow project quality and corporate quality standards for all projects
- BS/BA degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Geology, or Environmental Science, and a minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience
- Professional licensure as a Licensed Geologist in WA.
- Professional engineering (PE) registration is desirable but not a requirement.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$92300 - $143000 annuallyAbout Terracon
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.