Job DescriptionJob Description:
Every day we strive to hire and retain premier talent throughout the country to achieve our commitment our employees and our clients. If you have experience in consulting, industrial hygiene, and project management, and you want to work for a company who strives to be the “Best at People”, you should apply for this position.Terracon’s Seattle office is looking to expand our team of technical professionals by adding a part-time or full-time Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to our team.Our clients include public agencies, school districts, transportation, higher education, private developers, law firms, architectural/engineering firms, manufacturers, and other industries.Terracon is 100% employee-owned. If you want to be an employee-owner in an organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, please apply.General Responsibilities:The successful candidate will be responsible for project management and technical leadership of industrial hygiene work including exposure assessments to identify and assess physical, chemical, and biological health hazards in the workplace, occupational noise assessments, indoor environmental/air quality assessments, and preparation of health and safety plans.This position is for a career-level professional who will be responsible for direct client contact, generation of proposals and cost estimates, planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating site work, developing sampling and analysis plans, review of proposals, reports, and other technical documents, and formulating recommendations for projects varying in size and complexity. This position also oversees the development of newer staff just entering the field of industrial hygiene. The candidate should be adept at interpreting and applying EPA, OSHA and Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, and Department of Ecology regulations on projects of assorted sizes. The candidate must be familiar with various published occupational exposure limits including NIOSH Recommended Exposure Limits, ACGIH Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, and international standards.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of small to medium sized projects.
- Participate in leadership of the Industrial Hygiene team.
- Maintaining quality standards on all projects and project deliverables.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Work as a team member and participate with environmental staff and management on projects ranging in complexity.
- Work directly with regional clients and national clients through Terracon’s National Account Managers.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure resources for various projects.
- Understand and implement technical requirements to complete projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Possess strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Develop and apply innovative solutions to clients’ complex projects.
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
- Provide professional and collaborative guidance to field personnel.
- Serve as an inter-disciplinary team member in meetings and communications with clients pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection with ability to collect detailed site observations and notes.
- Review the detailed site observations and notes of others and provide constructive criticism.
- Mentor, supervise, and oversee staff environmental scientists and technicians.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free (IIF) operations.
- Report safety issues or concerns to management.
- Lead and participate in pre-task planning.
- Understand and follow project quality and corporate quality standards for all projects.
- Understand contract language and collaborate with Terracon’s legal department to manage contractual risk.
- Apply knowledge of industrial hygiene practices in the areas of indoor air quality, mold/moisture, and occupational exposure assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum of 5 – 8 years’ related experience.
- Current Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) credential.
- Have current certifications that may include (preferrable, can provide if needed):
- EPA AHERA Project Designer
- EPA AHERA Building Inspector
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Flexible work schedule, to ensure project timelines are completed.
- Possess strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail, note taking skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.