Field Landscape Designer
- Midvale, Utah
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23504BR
- United States
Provide landscape architectural and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include design and development of plans and specifications, site analysis and designs, calculations, and writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Apply sound landscape architectural principles and be able to communicate complex issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the commercial, retail, multi-family, hotel, senior living, industrial and/or governmental sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing landscape architectural professional; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Assist in research, data collection, field observation, inspection, and field and laboratory testing. Prepare associated reports or sections of larger reports.
- Consult with other technical people and supervisor on routine and less complex projects.
- May perform basic calculations and analysis
- Drafts routine proposals and assists in the preparation of more complex proposals.
- Performs plan drafting using CAD software.
- May work with technician crews in observations and data gathering activities on project sites and prepare daily reports documenting activities and findings.
- Works under the supervision of a Registered Landscape Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.