Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Terracon's Salt Lake City office is looking for a talented and experienced addition to our Environmental Department! As one of the largest and most-established environmental consulting firms in Utah, Terracon has an incredible team of environmental professionals and amazing clients.
Candidates must have experience conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA). Additional valuable experience could include asbestos or industrial hygiene experience, environmental investigations, environmental permitting, regulatory compliance, and cultural and natural resources.
The successful candidate will manage all aspects of a Phase I ESA to ensure that it is completed safely, on time and within scope and budget. Responsibilities include completing the project as per its contracted scope, monitor progress and performance against the project plan, troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. Will be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, and working with external vendors, subcontractors and contractors. Duties include communication of the status of the project to the project team and client and set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. Will have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of the client. The Project Manager coordinates the effort with Authorized Project Reviewer (APR) to make sure that APR has opportunity to engage throughout the project, particularly at critical junctures.
Primary duties would include coordinating with clients and conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments on real property. This involves gathering and evaluating regulatory and historical data, performing site reconnaissance, interviewing stakeholders, conducting file reviews and preparing a report detailing findings. In addition to Phase I ESAs, opportunities are available to be involved with Brownfield assessments and grants, limited site investigations, and asbestos inspections and sampling. Completion of some projects may require working outside of standard office hours and days.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and deliver quality product on time.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team.
- Conduct site visits throughout the Region and prepare data for written reports.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Must be able to generate reports on time.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning and report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 2 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 6 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.