- Midvale, Utah
- Part Time, Less than 30 hrs/wk
- Job ID 19065BR
- United States
Terracon is looking for a talented and experienced Editor for our Salt Lake City office! This position will be part time and is anticipated to be an average of approximately 20 - 30 hours per week, but has the potential to turn into a full time position. As one of the largest and most-established Environmental, Facilities, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Materials Testing & Special Inspection consulting firms in Utah, Terracon has an incredible team of professionals and amazing clients.
The selected Editor will primarily perform editorial reviews of professional proposals and reports for spelling, grammar, and punctuation and ensure documents conform to in-house style guidelines. Terracon uses Microsoft Office and preference will be given to applicants with strong experience using Word and Excel. Of importance is solid experience with Microsoft Word Styles, page/section/column breaks, headers/footers, and document fields, and solid experience with Microsoft Excel generating tables, formatting, and pagination.
Other duties may include administrative support for project registration, organizing and tracking timelines of various projects to ensure on-time delivery, and preparation of final PDF documents.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform a review of technical documents and proposals for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper format.
- English, writing, or communication background with considerable experience with writing and editing.
- Type correspondence, documents and generate spreadsheets. May input data into databases.
- Compile and analyze basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepare charts, graphs or tables as necessary.
- Maintain files of correspondence, reports, records and contracts.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Over time, may involve responsibilities associated with organizing and tracking timelines of various projects to ensure on-time delivery.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient with PDF document production from Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and other applications and compile final PDF documents with imbedded bookmarks.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!