Construction Materials & Inspection Project Manager
- Midvale, Utah
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25102BR
- United States
Come and join one of the largest and most dynamic Construction Materials teams in Salt Lake City. Our Salt Lake City office is growing and seeking a Construction Materials and Inspection Project Manager to join our dynamic team. This position provides opportunities to work on high-profile construction and transportation infrastructure projects.
As Construction Materials and Inspection Project Manager, you will work with a dynamic team of professionals to manage all aspects of Construction Materials and Inspection projects. This includes ensuring that the project is completed safely, on time and within scope and budget. Our Project Manager will be responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and technical performance against the project plan. The Project Manager will work with the client to deliver work products to the client's satisfaction.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with client or Terracon national account manager to define project scope, schedule and budget.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project. This may include preparing reports and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting equipment, project staff.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conducts and attends meetings and reviews reports to communicate the status of the project and test results to project team and client.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for reviews of all critical junctures.
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections. Is involved with approving invoices and preparing change orders.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Oversee mentoring, and development of employees in the department.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage project reviewer on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, or Geology and a minimum of 3 years related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Preferred - 2 years experience in construction quality control.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- ICC, ACI, CWI, WABO
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.