Client Development Specialist
- Midland, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20316BR
- United States
Are you looking for a challenging role in business development with a top-tier engineering firm? Do you know major players of Midland/Odessa market where oil & gas businesses are dominant? Do you know public and private sector leaders? Do you thrive developing and fostering long term client relationships? If so, join our team in Midland/Odessa as a Client Development Specialist and start your new journey today!
In this highly admired role you will be responsible for actively searching for new business opportunities for our engineering consulting departments, office or division. You will utilize your professional contacts within your appropriate organizations to network for potential clients and develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition.
In addition, you will leverage your networking for prospective leads while providing new projects and services from past, existing and future clients. Finally, you will be responsible for preparing marketing materials including qualification packages, written proposals and other client submittals.
If you’re interested in working for a 100% employee-owned organization that is listed 21 out of 500 ENR magazine listed top US engineering firms (2022 listing), and is committed to your career growth then Come Explore With Us!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the client development representative for an office or department.
- Responsible for using his/her personal contacts to develop long-term client relationships.
- Spends time outside the office in direct contact with clients and prospects.
- Attend local and regional meetings to meet decision makers and generate leads.
- Schedules meetings with existing and potential clients for purpose of introducing or reminding clients of firm’s capabilities. Utilizes office staff to augment and assist as needed.
- Develops and uses networking contacts to generate client leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. May solicit advice or assistance from other members of the firm to implement this strategy.
- Follow up on leads generated from office management teams.
- Assists operations managers with the preparation and execution of client development plans and programs.
- Utilizes the contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and to develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition.
- Reports to supervisor on planned and proposed sales activities within his or her goals. May be accountable for generating specified volume of business within a pre-defined time frame.
- Collaborates with others in corporate roles (NAMs, Sectors, Marketing) to coordinate client and project pursuits.
- Assists with organization and execution of promotional activities and programs which include professional displays at designated conferences or professional trade shows.
- Utilizes the available business intelligence tools to seek the opportunities that present the highest chances for success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related education
- 5 or more years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 years related experience
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!