Senior Staff Geotechnical/Civil Engineer
- Miami Lakes, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21773BR
- United States
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and hiring a Geotechnical Engineer in our Miami, FL office! Our Miami office works on exciting projects including bridges and highways, airport, and slope stability geotechnical work. This position is for a professional engineer (P.E.) who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating Geotechnical specific work, as well as managing a team of professional engineers for projects varying in size and complexity. The successful candidate will be experienced in all phases of geotechnical and construction management efforts in addition to previous leadership experience. This position requires numerous business development efforts including client development meetings, proposals, reports to support existing clients and project portfolios that serve to expand our service offerings.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
*This position is eligible for a flexible, work from home schedule. The selected candidate will also receive a sign-on bonus, in addition to other total rewards, like an annual bonus, 3-weeks paid time off and cell phone reimbursement!
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors.
- Conducting client development activities and work for the South Florida area.
- Provide excellent level of customer service.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Ability to develop written proposals to clients for both small and large projects.
- Experienced in evaluating, and synthesizing complex laboratory and field data, and assembly in written reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects for incident and injury free operations.
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of 5+ years’ related experience.
- Have or be able to acquire certifications in state of Florida that includes:
- Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Civil Engineering.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Possess strong writing & MS Office suite skills.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.