- Macon, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26091BR
- United States
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small projects of minimal complexity.
- Assist in developing the scope of work for routine projects.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents.
- Analyze data, and perform engineering calculations and analysis for PE review.
- Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
- Develop plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for review and consideration by the Professional Engineer of Record.
- Prepares work scope, proposals and reports and plans investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
- May supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.