Archaeologist Principal Investigator
- Macon, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25978BR
- United States
- Design, conduct, and report on archaeological investigations of all types (pre-contact, historic, industrial, rural, urban) and phases (background research, survey, evaluation, mitigation) to regulatory agency standards on projects located in the Gulf Coast region with an emphasis on Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
- Develop proposals, methodologies, and research designs; Supervise and coordinate field and laboratory crews; Coordinate and assist internal and external clients with cultural resources regulatory compliance
- Manage projects within budget and deadline constraints and be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- Coordinate with other Archaeological Principal Investigators and historians within Terracon across the region and nationally
- Market our archaeological services to new and existing clients
- Grow and manage a local team of full-time and part-time field archaeologists
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects; participate in pre-task planning; report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field
- Minimum of five years of archaeological experience as a Principal Investigator in the U.S. with a professional cultural resource, architectural, or engineering firm or a federal or state agency such as a State Historic Preservation Office
- Meet SOI Qualifications as Principal Investigator and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as an Archaeological Principal Investigator under the requirements of the State Historic Preservation Officer in one or more of the following states: GA, TN, AL, LA, MS.
- Intimate knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and various State Historic Preservation Laws
- Capable of multi-tasking within flexible/fluid schedules and project needs
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks such as lifting and walking on uneven surfaces carrying at least 20 lbs. of equipment, and ability to work in extreme (hot/cold) weather conditions
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship; ability to pass drug screening; and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.