Environmental Project Manager
- Lubbock, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22657BR
- United States
If your passion lies in working on challenging projects, then we invite you to explore with us!
The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years’ experience in environmental assessment, risk assessment, and remedial corrective action. The successful candidate will combine technical, financial, and management skills while leading a team working on environmental investigation, remediation, and compliance projects.
The role requires skill/knowledge to implement remedial investigations, conduct regulatory evaluations, manage client expectations, interact with interested third party stakeholders, and lead project teams in the execution of these projects. Expertise needed in financial budgeting, tracking and forecasting, subcontractor management, regulatory compliance, bid and report preparation and review, and field oversight.
We are an employee-owned organization that creates earth-to-sky solutions with down-to-earth people!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a small to medium sized project.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan.
- Working knowledge of Texas environmental regulations implemented by RRC and TCEQ, including TRRP program expertise.
- Clearly communicate assignments, review results, and provide coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline such as Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.