Environmental Technician III - Asbestos
- Lubbock, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23546BR
- United States
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently performs non-routine field testing on a variety of projects.
- Calibrate field monitoring equipment such as PID or combustible gas indicator.
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in accordance with AHERA guidelines.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of remediation systems.
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement projects.
- Perform complex monitoring and well sampling.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Certification in field of expertise required. Examples include:
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Project Monitor
- Asbestos Management Planner
- Lead Risk Assessor
- Mold Technician
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.