Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23068BR
- United States
Position: Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Louisville, KY
Are you a Geotechnical Engineer that is passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and seeks a Senior Engineer to join the Geotechnical services team in our Louisville, Kentucky office.
This position is eligible for a remote or hybrid working arrangement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help build a well-established and strong technical team, build and maintain client relationships, and grow our consulting engineering practice. We know that an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer is critical for the success of the team. Our Senior Geotechnical Engineer will provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analyses, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. The successful candidate will review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. They will also prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Additional responsibilities include researching and resolving design and construction problems; assigning, reviewing, and evaluating laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports; and applying sound engineering principles with the ability to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, federal government, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
If you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! Come explore with us!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects
- Conceptualize the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project, or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate engineering work involving conventional engineering practices; may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design elements
- Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques
- Supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provide technical review of reports
- Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the-art technology issues
- Provide leadership of marketing, sales, and business development
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel
- Serve as an Authorized Project Reviewer
- Develop an understanding and awareness of project-related risk; be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company; be familiar with company risk policies
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines; responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices; promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects; monitor quality standards and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree preferred (Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering with a focus in geotechnical engineering)
- Minimum 8 years post-PE/responsible charge experience working with geotechnical consulting firm(s)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Kentucky, or ability to attain within 6 months
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.