Driller Assistant/Exploration Team Member I
- Lodi, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23310BR
- United States
Exploration Team Members (ETMs) will perform subsurface exploration duties using conventional drilling or in-situ testing techniques. Drill methods may include; auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, air rotary drilling, and diamond bit coring techniques. In-situ testing techniques may include cone penetration testing (CPT), pressure meter testing, and rock dilatometer testing. Work may also include the installation of instrumentation such as piezometers, monitor wells and inclinometers. Work as part of a multiple person team on projects. ETMs will perform daily tasks including: survey and locate drilling points; conduct site reconnaissance; load/unload tooling, materials and samples; classify soil and rock samples; perform routine maintenance and basic repairs on drilling equipment, prepare internal (daily field forms) and external (DOT Logs) paperwork.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- This is an entry level position. No experience is required.
- The employee will be expected perform following tasks:
- Load tooling and materials.
- Assist in drilling operations and instrumentation and monitoring well installation.
- Collect soil and rock samples and log field data.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance.
- Perform basic surveying and site reconnaissance.
- Drive a medium-duty truck and trailer.
- Learn to inspect and how to maintain equipment.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Limited or no experience required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card within first 30 days of employment.
- Experience in diesel mechanics, welding, fabrication, heavy equipment operation, and construction.
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license.
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$19.25 - $26.75 per hour
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.