Utility Locator/GPR Specialist
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23377BR
- United States
This position is a blended position involving both office and field activities as described below.
Office Items: Work closely with various department staff during the setup and initiation of field exploration services. Duties will include but will not be limited to: reviewing site work plans, submitting public utility requests, handling follow-up questions from public locating companies, and relaying relevant information to project staff.
Field Items: Perform non-invasive geophysical surveys from the ground surface using various geophysical technologies in support of underground utility location. Define survey objectives, follow survey design parameters, analyze the resulting geophysical data, and provide interpretation of results. Results are incorporated into the planning of Terracon’s subsurface exploration services. In addition to utility locating services, perform field reconnaissance in support of the planned subsurface exploration activities and layout of test locations.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing level Geophysicist responsible for conducting geophysical surveys; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assists in geophysical data collection and tests to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Outlines required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- May have limited client contact pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Minimum of 1 year of utility locating or GPR experience
- Certification in field of expertise based on state specific requirements.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.