Regional Natural Resources Leader
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23631BR
- United States
Here’s the opportunity you’ve been looking for to take your career to the next level, identify yourself as a regional leader with a national firm, and build your personal wealth! If you have a background in the environmental sciences, if you are experienced (7+ years) with ecological projects, and if you have the drive to grow these services in a safe, profitable manner, then we want to hear from you! Terracon is a successful, employee-owned, national firm, and we’re seeking a seller-doer to help us grow and lead our regional ecological and wetlands services. In this role and supported by colleagues locally and throughout the country, you’ll have the opportunity to build and create a team that provides ecological services across the Kansas-Missouri-Illinois region.
The successful applicant will have experience providing ecological and related services (e.g., wetlands, endangered species, water resources, natural and/or cultural resources, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), etc.). The applicant will be responsible for business development of these services, execution of the projects, mentoring junior staff, and providing technical reviews. Fieldwork may be necessary at times.
If this sounds like your next challenge, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning.
- Act as the senior leader for the ecology team in the Kansas City/St. Louis region.
- Manage projects from a senior level with the project managers in the environmental planning team. This includes training and mentoring group members.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing federal and state waters permitting applications with agency consultation.
- Responsible for developing and reviewing written proposals to clients.
- Serve as team member and participate in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- With support from the Department and Office Manager oversee and manage the success on projects of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum of 7+ years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years' related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Wetland Scientist.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.