- Lenexa, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22656BR
- United States
TERRACON SUCCESS STARTS WITH YOU!
As employee-owners, we are on a journey together, bringing our talents, our camaraderie, and our curiosity to bravely explore and discover new and better solutions to overcome client challenges. In this role, you will be part of a regional team, committed to delivering success to you, your career, our clients, and Terracon through our values of caring, courage, curiosity, excellence, integrity, and prosperity. We are looking for a candidate’s home base to be in either the St. Louis or Kansas City metro and you will primarily support our St. Louis, Missouri office.
We are looking for a resourceful, passionate, dedicated marketing professional with strong content writing skills and initiative to join our regional team. As a member of our team, you have an opportunity to collaborate with talented technical, marketing, and client development professionals to win new business and cultivate an outstanding client experience.
Responsible for supporting identification and completion of prequalification forms, researching project opportunities, creating statements of qualifications, proposals, and interview presentation preparation. You will guide the proposal process and strategize, organize, write, and produce our submittals.
You will develop and maintain a library of proposal resources including resumes, project descriptions, visuals, and boilerplate narrative information. This role includes creating local and regional marketing collateral, developing and posting supporting social media content, as well as coordinating and planning trade shows and conferences. Additionally, you support Client Relationship Management (CRM) system data entry.
You should also have a robust working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, as well as MS Office 365. Strong writing and editing skills are a must as well as having experience responding to statements of qualifications and proposal requests in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry. Areas of emphasis are proposal management, market research, communications, and/or client & business development.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish relationships and strive to provide an excellent client experience for our clients and regional office teams.
- Work with other marketing professionals in Terracon’s Central Operating Group (COG) and Corporate Marketing team to share best practices, information, and load leveling.
- Schedule and conduct proposal kick-off meetings with project champions/project managers and other proposal team members to strategize for a winning proposal and/or presentation.
- Research, gather, and edit proposal materials including project experience, existing corporate content, resumes, boilerplate narrative, etc., verify and format proposals (including SF 330 forms).
- Ensure various aspects of proposals (brand line, key messages, technical scope, staff qualifications and experience, biographical data, etc.) and other marketing materials meet requirements and are accurate, timely, and well-written.
- Monitor lead generation services and other media sources for pertinent information relative to specific pursuits.
- Support market research efforts through Dodge, GovWin, and other platforms.
- Work with client development professionals and pursuit teams to develop strategy and project/client capture plans.
- Lead the process of editing and customizing marketing collateral.
- Plan and coordinate events, trade shows, and conferences including collateral and swag.
- Participate and sometimes lead regular marketing meetings with office teams and support execution of the client development plans.
- Organize office professional memberships.
- Develop written content for various communication mediums (print, digital, and social media).
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related degree and 2 years of marketing and communications experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.