- Lenexa, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21644BR
- United States
Responsible for coordinating or managing the activities of a Construction or Geotechnical materials laboratory (testing includes materials such as soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt). This includes ensuring that the laboratory testing services are conducted in a safe manner and consistent with company quality protocols, project requirements, and in a timely manner. Oversee or coordinate the training and utilization of laboratory staff. Oversee or coordinate the maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and testing equipment.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the testing services are accomplished consistent with Terracon’s quality protocol and in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Assists the Department Manager to ensure that laboratory personnel are properly trained, supervised and equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to ensure their personal safety in the office and laboratory.
- Coordinates the laboratory activities to ensure that the work is executed on time and in accordance with the client and project requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that laboratory processes and personnel adhere to the requirements of the company Quality program and the Construction Materials Quality Management System (QMS).
- Assists the Department Manager with overseeing calibration and maintenance of the laboratory equipment.
- Ensures the proper organization and appearance of the laboratory area for which he/she is responsible, including keeping the area and equipment clean and uncluttered.
- Coordinates the inter-departmental and inter-office activities of laboratory personnel with joint company efforts where necessary.
- Performs construction and geotechnical related laboratory testing.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing laboratory tests on construction and geotechnical materials.
- Certification by qualified national, regional or state authorities (ACI, NICET, DOT) or in-house certification is required in areas such as concrete, aggregates, soil and rock, or road and paving materials.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!