- Lenexa, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22941BR
- United States
Perform a comprehensive range of geophysical technologies in support of geologic, groundwater, environmental, engineering, and materials testing investigations. Perform non-invasive geophysical surveys from the ground surface as well as geophysical logging in boreholes to provide images or models of subsurface conditions. Define survey objectives, design survey approaches, analyze the resulting geophysical data, and provide interpretation of results. Results are incorporated into the planning, design and construction of vital infrastructure such as roads, tunnels, airports, landfills, water supplies, and other facilities; the assessment of environmental conditions; and the evaluation of earth resources. Geophysics supports all of Terracon’s service lines.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing level Geophysicist responsible for conducting geophysical surveys; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assists in geophysical data collection and tests to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Outlines required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- May have limited client contact pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise based on state specific requirements.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.