Engineering Technician I
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Part Time, Less than 30 hrs/wk
- Job ID 23368BR
- United States
Perform laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphalt). Communicate with laboratory manager, coordinator, project managers, and engineering technicians and others as applicable regarding the project and testing requirements and results. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Laboratory Manager. Maintain and clean equipment and work areas. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs laboratory testing as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Laboratory Manager.
- Communicates information to Laboratory Manager and other personnel as directed by the PM.
- Maintains equipment and calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Certifications in any of the following areas:
- ACI Certification in Concrete Strength Testing, Aggregate Base Testing, or Aggregate Testing Technician Level 1.
- Applicable KDOT or MoDOT laboratory certifications.
- NICET certification in Construction Materials Testing in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils.
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.