Construction Materials Testing Project Manager/Engineer
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23041BR
- United States
Terracon continues to grow and is committed to building strong foundations in our local communities while striving for safety and wellbeing of our employees and the clients we serve.
Come join our growing team as a Construction Materials Testing Project Manager/Engineer in our Lenexa office and work on some of the biggest project in Kansas City! If you have a servant’s heart, a growth mindset, and a desire to grow as a leader, you’ll thrive in Terracon’s innovative and service driven team atmosphere! Come “Explore with Us” today!
In this role you will provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients while following and/or maintaining our safety guidelines and standards. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided and maintain quality standards on all projects. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
You will prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Career level, fully competent engineering/construction professional with responsibility for managing detailed phases of projects with moderate size and complexity.
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
• Work closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
• Perform quality control review of proposals written by others.
• Evaluate complex laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
• Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members and potentially supervise field or project staff.
• Interact directly with client and project team on developing scope of services, communicating project progress and findings and recommendations.
• Participate in marketing, sales, and business development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
• ICC or NICET Certification
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.