Driller/Exploration Team Member II
- League City, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21603BR
- United States
Exploration Team Members (ETMs) will perform subsurface exploration duties using conventional drilling or in-situ testing techniques. Drill methods may include; auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, air rotary drilling, and diamond bit coring techniques. In-situ testing techniques may include cone penetration testing (CPT), pressure meter testing, and rock dilatometer testing. Work may also include the installation of instrumentation such as piezometers, monitor wells and inclinometers. Work as part of a multiple person team on projects. ETMs will perform daily tasks including: survey and locate drilling points; conduct site reconnaissance; load/unload tooling, materials and samples; classify soil and rock samples; perform routine maintenance and basic repairs on drilling equipment, prepare internal (daily field forms) and external (DOT Logs) paperwork.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- The employee will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Operate a geotechnical drill rig to advance shallow boreholes in soil.
- Oversee a 2-man drill crew in all tasks associated with drilling operations.
- Install instrumentation and monitoring wells.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance.
- Perform basic surveying, site reconnaissance, and utility clearance tasks
- Drive all forms of drilling equipment to and from project locations.
- Work to independently inspect and complete routine maintenance of equipment.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card within first 30 days of employment.
- Many states require specific driller/well installation licensure. When applicable, such licensure is required.
- Experience in
- In-Situ test methods
- Instrumentation Installation
- Barge Drilling
- Angle Drilling
- Environmental Drilling
- Regional Drilling Licensure
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!