Staff Environmental Engineer
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26098BR
- United States
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Proficient environmental engineering professional responsible for managing and executing site testing and making recommendations for systems design on smaller projects of minimal complexity.
- Assists in developing the scope of work for routine projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Evaluates moderately complex laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Works closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Prepares proposals and reports and outlines investigations for approval by senior level professionals.
- May supervise field staff including field engineers, environmental scientists and technicians.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) designation
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.