Senior Building ADA Assessor
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20979BR
- United States
In this role, you will provide accessibility consulting services to include ADA, FHA and UFAS for multi-family projects. This work may include performing and/or leading field investigations, architectural/engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, review of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Conduct training sessions on accessibility. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research design and construction issues. Assign, review, and evaluate field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound architectural principles and be able to communicate complex issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the commercial, retail, multi-family, hotel, senior living, industrial and/or governmental sectors.
- Review architectural/engineering plans and specifications for compliance with accessibility codes and standards, to include ADA, FHA and UFAS.
- Perform on-site review for projects under construction.
- Conduct comprehensive accessibility surveys of existing sites and buildings.
- Prepare detailed reports documenting observed deficiencies.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Works closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
- Make design, engineering/architectural, and construction recommendations.
- Prepare proposals and reports for small and large projects of varying complexity.
- Train subcontractors, architects and staff on accessibility.
- Up to 25% nationwide travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 plus years’ experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Basic knowledge of the accessibility standards of the ANSI A117.1, the 1991 and 2010 ADA Standards, the Fair Housing Act, UFAS and Section 504.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!