Facilities Market Leader
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20951BR
- United States
- Assist the Eastern Operating Group Facilities Manager with the implementation of the Company’s strategic facilities plan.
- Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the facilities teams in Atlanta, GA.
- Lead safety and promote all safety initiatives throughout the facilities region to ensure everyone goes home safe every day.
- Lead, facilitate and communicate change to the organization. Responsible for monitoring and following requirements of the strategic plan; work with facilities team members to grow the organization in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Monitor the execution of Quality Assurance and Quality Control systems within the offices and ensure that the company’s professional liability is being protected. Develop solutions to manage portfolio of risk.
- Develop and monitor safety practices for the region. Hold facilities team members accountable for following safety rules and guidelines. Develop safety plans and establishes goals for a safe working environment. Set the example for others to follow.
- Monitor the financial results of the facilities group on a monthly basis and assist the facilities group in the Southeast to accomplish their financial goals.
- Provide technical expertise and back-up management assistance to offices when requested or as needs develop.
- Provide direction and expertise to the development of projects or clients and assures that corporate resources are brought to bear on these marketing efforts.
- Direct and encourage each key facilities employee in his or her office to develop personal goals and objectives for their professional advancement within the region.
- Provide direction to key facilities staff members and assist each in their personal development and management execution of the strategic plan.
- Ensure that all corporate operating policies and procedures are communicated to offices and consistently applied to their operations.
- Monitor the operational performance of all key facilities employees in the region and administers annual performance appraisals of the key management on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science or related building field and 15+ years’ experience in facility assessment. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 20 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), and at least one other relevant certification (RBEC, BECxP, LEED AP) or equivalent
- Obtain Authorized Project Reviewer status by Terracon within one year.
- Master’s degree
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!