Administrative Staff I
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25464BR
- United States
Screens telephone calls and visitors. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinates related arrangements. Performs administrative and general office duties of a responsible and confidential nature. Produces a variety of correspondence, reports and presentations using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets. Maintains files, department office supplies and mail. Prepares special reports. Gathers and summarizes data. May serve as a liaison between office and corporate functions. May be assigned to various functional areas of the company when needed.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answers main phone line. Screens calls and forwards messages. Greets visitors and informs office staff of arrival.
- Under direct supervision, provides general administrative support to a department and/or group of professionals of a basic and routine nature.
- Type correspondence, documents and spreadsheets. May input data into databases.
- Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs or tables as necessary.
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures.
- Maintains files of correspondence, reports, records and contracts.
- Opens, sorts and routes mail to the appropriate persons.
- Makes copies and files various documents.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Limited experience performing office support activities required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.