Engineering Consulting Office Manager
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23427BR
- United States
Are you a leader who is passionate about people? Want to lead an office dedicated to being the "best at people" with innovative ideas and dominant in local market segments? Terracon is seeking an Office Manager in our Las Vegas, Nevada office. You will lead a team of Arcitecial, Engineering, and Construction (A/E/C) professionals focused on being inclusive, diverse, caring, and high performing in a rapidly growing and profitable office in a rapidly growing state.
The Las Vegas Office Manager will provide leadership and manage a small to mid-size (A/E/C) consulting office's direct/support activities (administrative and technical). Duties include; profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client development activities, and new business development. They will also be responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper oversight and utilization of all personnel.
Are you interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success? If your answer is yes, Terracon is your kind of company! Come, and explore with us!Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a small to mid-size office supporting one or more service lines.
- Implement Terracon's Vision and Strategic Plan locally.
- Lead a developed leadership team, including Department Managers responsible for Geotechnical, Materials, Environmental, Materials, Drilling, Business Development, and Administrative Staff.
- Develop and execute an annual office business plan and financial budget.
- Responsible for the profitability of the office.
- The focus will be directed at managing specific projects and employee utilization for projects.
- Assist Department Manager in determining/acquiring staffing needs in the office.
- Responsible for leading and directing the office's Business Development efforts. This includes overseeing and/or coordinating pursuits and large proposals in all service lines.
- Develop an understanding and be aware of project-related risks. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Communicate with Regional and/or Division Managers on office progress, including; business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs.
- Integrate Terraon's IIF Safety Culture throughout the office by communicating safety initiatives, rules, and guidelines for the office. Be accountable for the implementation, development, and growth of Terracon's IIF Culture locally.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects, ensure best practices are followed and hold managers accountable for quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years related experience.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in the field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.