- Jacksonville, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 19997BR
- United States
Provide support to or manage the marketing activities of an engineering consulting office or group of offices (division). Develop or maintain marketing materials and programs including but not limited to proposals, advertising, press releases, direct email/mail, social media, conference and tradeshow strategy, exhibits and promotional materials, statements of qualification and brochures. May also support marketing efforts by tracking sales data, maintaining databases and planning meetings and tradeshows.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
Marketing Strategy, Capture Planning, and Pursuit Development
- Facilitates the development of an annual client development plan for the office in partnership with the office manager or client development manager.
- Understands the Terracon Pursuit Process and is able to lead a meeting, assign action items, and collaborate with team members on pursuit strategy.
- Works in a strategist role for major project and client pursuits, and can facilitate the strategy, messaging, and action items necessary to align a team to win.
- Develops the messaging and “brand line” for strategic collateral materials for pursuits. Individual can work with Corporate Marketing for graphic design assistance.
- Leads the proposal strategy and assigns appropriate resources to develop the proposal.
- Develops, writes, and edits strategic communications (digital and print) for specific pursuit efforts.
- Coach’s presentation teams for shortlist interviews.
- Is knowledgeable about Terracon’s national sales and marketing strategies and engages national resources when appropriate.
- Coordinates marketing meetings within the office to review progress of the client development plan and any marketing initiatives.
- Leads and develops an integrated marketing plan for the office that is aligned with the national marketing plan that Corporate Marketing and Communications is driving.
- Assists in the planning and tracking of annual marketing spend.
- Determines annual marketing budget with office manager and/or client development manager.
- Manages trade show events; including space requirements and shipment of booth set-up and sales materials.
- Leads direct mail and promotional efforts.
- Ensures that Terracon’s brand standards are adhered to in all marketing and communications materials, including jobsite and office signage.
- Depending on the size of the office, may manage other marketing or administrative staff.
- Assists with executing qualitative and quantitative customer research studies.
- Collects accurate research data for use in marketing materials and pursuits.
- Develops, manages and presents accurate market share reports and presents sales personnel with opportunities regarding market trends, portfolio gaps and product opportunities.
- Monitors and tracks competitive activity and market trends in industry trade publications and other outlets (such as newsletters) and provides timely reports.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promotes pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, branding or related degree and 10 years’ related industry experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!