- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23137BR
- United States
Perform a comprehensive range of near-surface geophysical technologies in support of geotechnical, groundwater, environmental, engineering, and materials testing investigations. Perform non-invasive geophysical surveys from the ground surface as well as geophysical logging in boreholes to provide images or models of subsurface conditions. Define survey objectives, design survey approaches, analyze the resulting geophysical data, and provide interpretation of results. Results are incorporated into the planning, design and construction of vital infrastructure such as roads, tunnels, airports, landfills, water supplies, and other facilities; the assessment of environmental conditions; and the evaluation of earth resources. Geophysics supports all of Terracon’s service lines.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Career level, fully competent Geophysicist responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating detailed phases of work for part of a major project or total of a project of moderate scope and complexity.
- May devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- May serve as a team leader in medium projects and mentor junior level Geophysicists.
- Performs geophysical analyses on projects.
- May attend on and off-site client meetings.
- Direct and supervise field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for both small and large projects including quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluates complex geophysical data and assembles in written reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geophysics.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to obtain registration as a Professional Geophysicist based on state specific requirements.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.