Natural Resources Intern
- Houston, Texas
- Seasonal Worker
- Job ID 25483BR
- United States
Terracon has an exciting new intern program to support our Environmental service line. In this official program, you will take part in an exciting, fun and meaningful work experience as you work along-side some of the brightest minds and state of the art technology in the environmental consulting industry. You will not only learn and advance technically but will also be provided with opportunities for professional development. You will be assigned a leader/mentor in the environmental consulting field. The mentor will provide help you with career planning along with technical skill development. You will learn how our line of business interacts with the client. You will learn what consulting is all about!
To ensure you are prepared for the internship, Terracon will provide each intern with 40-hr safety training prior to starting. We will pay for your time going through an on-line 40-hr training class as well as the class.
First year interns will work in the office with experienced technical experts and will also have opportunities to complete field assessments and surveys as well as other field activities. Your experiences will include learning, understanding, and performing services related to:
- Field safety and safe work practices
- All aspects of our field work capabilities
- Data acquisition
- Data review
- Technical Report preparation
- Communication of results (internal and external)
- Perform Presence/Absence Surveys, including habitat assessments, for State and Federally Listed Species.
- Conduct waters of the United States delineations and prepare associated reports and permit applications, including Pre-Construction Notifications and Individual Permits
- Meet with the United States Army Corp of Engineer on behalf of clients application reviewers.
- Attend client development activities and work with our marketing team to continue and develop in natural resource services in Houston and South Texas.Quality management system and procedures
You can expect to:
• Perform gain field and office experiences alike.
• Work side by side with experience technical professionals
• Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection in area of technical expertise.
• Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
High school diploma and currently enrolled in an Environmental Engineering, Geology, Biology or similar program, and obtained a 3.0 G.P.A. or better. The ideal candidate will have approximately one year remaining to complete their BS degree.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.