MEP Junior Engineer
- Houston, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25962BR
- United States
Provide mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing field investigations, engineering analyses, calculations, design and development of drawings and specifications, field observations and reporting, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to verify compliance with drawings and specifications. Prepare proposals and fee estimates, track and evaluate project progress. Research and help resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors. Lead projects such as MEP diagnostic studies and assessments, MEP remedial design projects, property condition assessments (PCAs) including enhanced MEP assignments of PCAs, building energy audits and energy modeling, energy code compliance assessments, MEP Commissioning (Cx), MEP Retro-commissioning (RCx), MEP construction monitoring in new and existing facilities.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in safety rules and practices for the team and help the team follow rules and practices. Model a safe work environment demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Follow quality standards and practices.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risks and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Work under senior level engineering professional that would provide technical direction for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
- Assist senior engineer in conceptualizing the design and/or investigative approach for projects.
- Assist senior engineer in planning, scheduling, conducting, and/or coordinating engineering work involving conventional engineering practices and may include a variety of complex requirements such as varied design and code mandates.
- Involvement in a variety of projects requiring detailed and innovative investigation techniques and assist in the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients.
- Participate in technical training and understand use of the art technology in the practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum five years’ experience with building MEP systems
- Engineer in Training designation.
- Able to obtain Professional Engineer certification within 2-years of date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Able to obtain professional Commissioning Agent certification within 2-years of date of hire.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) within 3-years of date of hire.
- Local market knowledge.
- Ability to travel to out-of-state projects up to 10%
Engineer in Training
- LEED GA/LEED AP
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.