Group Manager – Repair, Renovation and Restoration
- Houston, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20387BR
- United States
This position is for Group Manager of our repair, renovation, and restoration services within the Facilities Division at Terracon. The ideal candidate will be experienced with the full project lifecycle for existing buildings, including initial assessment, development of recommendations, production of construction documents, bid phase assistance, construction administration services, and implementation of maintenance programs. Experience with building enclosure systems and/or structural systems preferred. Familiarity with MEP systems and Civil Engineering practices a plus. Terracon is looking for a future leader who is interested in plugging into an established team and working to grow it further. There is potential for the right candidate to chart a path toward growth in their career while simultaneously growing their group. Terracon has prioritized this position as a strategic move toward accelerated growth in the Houston, Texas market. Initially, this role will include the responsibilities of a Senior Project Manager on complex proposals and projects.
- Supervise or monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
- Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability.
- Supervise the daily operations of a department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure.
- Plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
- Manage all aspects of complex repair, renovation, and restoration projects to ensure that they are safely completed on time and within scope and budget.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- With support from the Department/Office manager perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the specialty service group.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager oversee and manage the success of the key group metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Architecture, Engineering, or Environmental Science and 10 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 15 years’ related experience and/or recognized presence in local market. Preference given to candidates with a Masters Degree.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Architectural and/or Engineering licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!