Geotechnical Project Engineer
- Houston, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22043BR
- United States
Geotechnical engineering is being reinvented at Terracon. Innovation is key as we look to deliver solutions to our clients like no one has ever done before. If you are ready for a change and a challenge, come “Explore with US”!
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work with great people and work on great projects. At Terracon, you can have the opportunity to build a career focused on rewarding and exciting projects that help the community where you live.
Our Texas Division is currently looking for a Geotechnical Project Engineer to join our dynamic Texas Transportation team! As a geotechnical engineer, you will analyze information, develop site preparation options, foundations, retaining walls and pavements, and consult with clients to create excellent designs faster than ever. Understanding that collaboration builds consensus and time is money, we achieve collaboration with our clients by delivering data as we collect it using GeoReport®, Terracon’s web-based delivery system.
At Terracon, safety is a core value. Working safely is an uncompromising commitment at all levels of the company to ensure everyone goes home safe to their family each and every day.
You will provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work concentrated in San Antonio area, but also throughout Texas.
- Manage all aspects of a small to large scale project
- Demonstrate interest working on transportation projects with a growth mindset
- Collaborate with Texas Transportation Team (3T) and deliver a consistent product to the client
- Lead interactions with client and stakeholders to ensure their goals are being considered in execution of the work
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project.
- Lead safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems.
- Coordinate with Quality Manager to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for quality reviews
- Coordinate with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 6-10 years’ related experience. Master’s degree in Geotechnical engineering is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.